Chlamydia/Gonorrhea (CT/GC) e-Course
Click here to begin the CT/GC e-course, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea: What You and Your Clients Need to Know. A printable version of the e-course is also available:
PDF of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea: What You and Your Clients Need to Know
Continuing Education Credits
Chlamydia and Gonorrhea: What You and Your Clients Need to Know is a free, fully narrated e-course. This web-based training, developed by the Region I Infertility Prevention Project (IPP), is designed to guide clinicians in the most up-to-date evidence regarding the epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of chlamydia and gonorrhea. The course is based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) 2010 STD Treatment Guidelines, and provides information on guidelines and regulations specific to the states in Region I (New England).
This course was developed by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) and made possible by special project funding from IPP - a collaboration between CDC and Office of Population Affairs - and the Region I Family Planning Training Center. A collaboration with the Sylvie Ratelle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center helped make this course possible.
JSI has no financial interests or relationships to disclose. The developers of this course have been asked to disclose any significant relationships with commercial entities that are either providing financial support for this program or whose products or services are mentioned during their presentations. The following relationships were disclosed:
- Katherine Hsu, MD MPH -- None
- Jennifer Kawatu, RN MPH -- None
- Andee Krasner, MPH -- None
Continuing Education Credits
This course can be completed for Nursing and Medical Education Credits.
- For Nurses (Nursing Contact Hours):
- JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Hampshire Nurses Association Commission on Continuing Education, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- For Physician (CME), Available only to Physicians practicing in Region I (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, and VT):
- The Bureau of Infectious Disease Prevention, Response and Services, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, designates this web-based enduring activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Bureau of Infectious Disease Prevention, Response and Services, Massachusetts Department of Public Health is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Massachusetts Medical Society for Continuing Medical Education through the Joint Sponsorship of the Bureau of Infectious Disease Prevention, Response and Services, MA Department of Public Health and JSI.
Nursing Contact Hour Requirements
In order to receive Nursing Contact Hours, you must complete the course evaluation and Nursing Contact Hours Validation Form. You must provide a valid email address in the evaluation and on the Nursing Contact Hours Form. Your email address will only be used to issue Nursing Contact Hours. The Nursing Contact Hours Validation Form is available below.
Nursing Contact Hours Validation Form
Back to top.
From 1995-2012, JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. successfully served as the coordinator of the Region I Infertility Prevention Project (IPP). Further information about the Region I Infertility Prevention Project can be obtained on JSI.com.